Medical Information Analysis and Retrieval
Khresmoi aims to develop a multi-lingual multi-modal search and access system for biomedical information and documents.
This will be achieved by:
- Effective automated information extraction from biomedical documents, including improvements using crowd sourcing and active learning, and automated estimation of the level of trust and target user expertise
- Automated analysis and indexing for medical images in 2D (X-Rays), 3D (MRI, CT), and 4D (MRI with a time component)
- Linking information extracted from unstructured or semi-structured biomedical texts and images to structured information in knowledge bases
- Support of cross-language search, including multi-lingual queries, and returning machine-translated pertinent excerpts
- Adaptive user interfaces to assist in formulating queries and display search results via ergonomic and interactive visualizations
The research will flow into several open source components, which will be integrated into an innovative open architecture for robust and scalable biomedical information search.